Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day: Guest Post

In honor of Mothers Day I asked my Mom to write something I could share with everyone. She offered me a few words and here they are.



"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Simple question. One I'm sure everyone has been asked, or required to do a paper on in grade school. I never really knew the answer to that question, although I could muddle through with what might tickle my fancy at the time, but I never really KNEW what I wanted to be. To this day, I think about taking a class, or joining a group or club so I can become something or be a part of something bigger, mostly because I feel inadequate, unaccomplished, and unsuccessful. Until asked to share something for my daughters blog I had let all those feelings lie dormant. Last night I wrestled with them, but not for long because I realized something. All this time I thought I'd wasted trying to figure out who I am or what I could become, I had become who I was intended to be...I am a mother. There is no greater success than to have your child look up to you with respect and admiration. When I think I've wasted a lifetime just muddling through I can turn to my children and know that I've nothing to be ashamed of. I love each of them more with every passing breath. God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment