Monday, April 22, 2013

Recipe: Bean Dip

For Easter I wanted to make something so I made cookies but to me that wasn't enough of a contribution so I scoured the web for a bean dip recipe and tweaked it a bit. Everyone LOVED it. The dish was scraped clean and 3 people asked for the recipe. Figured I would share it with my readers!



What You'll Need:
2 cans refried beans (I used vegetarian)
1 can black beans
2 tbsp EVOO
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of sour cream (or Greek yogurt for a healthier version)
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 different types of shredded cheese (I used cheddar and the Mexican blend)



1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Drain black beans and rinse well, empty into blender/food processor with 2 TBSP EVOO and puree

3. Empty refried beans, cream cheese, and sour cream into a bowl and mix well with a spoon, add the pureed black beans and taco seasoning and mix that through.

4. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and spread bean mixture evenly, top with your cheeses and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment