Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe: Clean Eating Ice Cream




I have an incredibly large sweet tooth (I can polish off a bag of reeses in one day) but I am trying to get in shape so after seeing all these pins on pinterest of healthy versions of sweets I looked in my kitchen to see what I could come up with and I made my own little version of ice cream.


Ingredients
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 scoop vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder
2 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 tablespoons  reduced fat peanut butter
1/4 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened but if you want a sweeter ice cream you could try the sweetened milk)
2 ice cubes

1. Cook oats as per instructions and then stir, make sure its thick and drain it a little if you have to

2. Add protein powder, yogurt, peanut butter, milk and mix well

3. Add to blender with 2 ice cubes and blend until desired consistency

4. Top with shaved chocolate or chocolate chips if you want a bit extra, and if you find its not as sweet as you like try adding a packet of stevia. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment