Thursday, July 26, 2012

Drum Roll Please...

It's a boy! Today has been one of the happiest days of my life. The amount of joy that rushed through me the moment I saw our little bundle on the screen was so overwhelming, add on top of that 7 hours of holding onto an envelope that told us whether boogie was a boy boogie or a girl boogie, but what got me through is knowing that waiting for Daddy and finding out together would be so incredible, I was right. Not to mention I have been receiving texts, emails, and posts all day about you, and seeing everyone else be so anxious made me giggle and feel better about my own anxiety. I got to the radiology department of the hospital right on time and had NO wait, my ultrasound technician was beyond friendly and entertaining, and she was very accommodating with my request to put our little secret away. I saw you kicking me (wish I could feel those...soon though!) and at one point you waved and I saw your beautiful little fingers. You are so incredibly stubborn because she was pushing on my belly and had me wipe off to go empty my bladder, hoping that would encourage you to roll over so she could make sure your spine was developing as it should. You love love love laying on your back because that's where you stayed the majority of the appointment. The doctor says your head is a little bit bigger than your abdomen but that at this point its nothing to worry about. But oh boy are you long! You have really long legs and I joke that maybe you'll be our little basketball star, but we all know whats in your future...football and a WHOLE lot of baseball! Mommy is 19 weeks now and was informed that you are starting to hear, guess what you're in for? A whole lot of singing! I cannot wait to meet you sweet boy, in the mean time keep kicking me with those long legs of yours, I have no doubt in my mind that I will once again become overwhelmed with the same joy I felt today when I can finally feel your little kicks, and that's a feeling I look forward to for the rest of my life.
                                           
                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment