Monday, March 4, 2013

Recipe: Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Does this really even count as a recipe? Throw it in and hit a button! Anyways I absolutely love and look forward to my smoothie everyday, and although I do change it up ONCE in awhile this is my go to fav and I wanted to share it with you guys.


Ingredients
1 banana (I peel them, break them in half, and freeze them because they last longer that way and contribute  to the cold temperature of the smoothie)
4 large strawberries
2 tablespoons of old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
1/4 cup of orange juice
3 tablespoons of nonfat plain yogurt (don't lick the spoon, its pretty gross alone!)
2 ice cubes

Then I blend it all together. I do however blend everything THEN add the ice, and then blend it again. I find that with my blender if I do it all at once I have to keep stopping to mix it with a spoon.

Let me know if you enjoy it or share your own personal twist on a smoothie.






No comments:

Post a Comment