Saturday, March 2, 2013

Recipe: Stuffed Peppers

Being that I only cook for myself I often end up with a lot of leftovers and a lot of waste. Tonight I made a single bell pepper and wasted absolutely NONE of it. So yummy! The following is exactly how I made it for just me but there should be no problem increasing the amount!



Ingredients
1 bell pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 chopped onion
1/4 pound beef tips
1 can tomato sauce
1 small tomato diced
1 cup brown rice
mozzarella cheese (I used fresh and you can really taste the difference.)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. In a small skillet heat up 1 tbsp of the olive oil, add onions, tomato, and meat, seasoning with garlic, salt, and pepper. Once browned add half of the tomato sauce.

3. Cook rice per the instructions and cut the top off the bell pepper and remove guts from the inside. Brush inside and outside of the pepper with remaining olive oil.

4. Once rice is complete add the meat mixture, mix gently and stuff your pepper. Empty remaining can of tomato sauce in your baking pan and place your pepper on top. Bake for 40 minutes. Take it out of the oven and add the cheese. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.

5. Most important step of all...EAT! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment